Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pocket Protector?

There is a lot of truth in the aphorism, "Follow the Money".  It is an exercise which illuminates important aspects of relationships.  If the transfer of money is secretive, the nature of relationships is also obscured.

Cartoonist Ed Stein captured the truth of that in his usual insightful way; his work reminds us here at Penigma how true it is, as Confucius said, that a picture can be worth a thousand words.  Pocket Protector is important in tracking who is spending large amounts of money to influence political campaigns -- and to recognize who will owe political favors for receiving those large donations.

Thank you Ed, for creating Pocket Protector!  From Penigma, we wish you every success with your new comic strip "Fresh Squeezed", and encourage our readers to watch for it in their local papers.  Check out Ed Stein's blog from the link on our blog roll, to see more of his excellent work.

Ed Stein, "Pocket Protector", 8/3/2010

3 comments:

  1. Great cartoon! Now, let's see one from the political right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael it is always good to have you comment!

    A friend had sent me one of Ed's cartoons a while back that I liked - the first one we ran here in fact. I liked it enough to track down Ed Stein and found a way to contact him, and asked him if we might run that cartoon here. He checked out our blog and then kindly gave his consent.

    I will offer you the same arrangement. If you see a cartoon somewhere that you would like us to run, email it to me at the Penigma account and I would be delighted to do the same thing - to find the cartoonist if I can, and to ask permission, out of respect for intellectual property, and to provide the cartoonist the blog address so they can make an informed decision. And if they have a blog site of their own, I will offer to link it here as well.

    I think it would be a wonderful counter balance, if you have any cartoon or cartoonist in mind. And I will keep my eyes open for cartoons from the right as well - and I invite all of our readers to do the same. The offer is not limited to our esteemed colleague Dr. Kirsch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only request, it should be funny or clever, and being greedy, I'll ask for both if I can get it :).

    ReplyDelete