Saturday, May 28, 2011

Republi-CAN'T's Month of May Losses

May has been anything but merry for the GOP and Tea Partiers.  They've taken a terrible....oh, what is the word I'm looking for.......oh yes, shellacking.  They've had losses; lots and lots of them, with likelihood of many more in the near future.


So how long will it be before the GOP and the Tea Partiers recognize that their policies have been rejected, repudiated....or, in conservative-speak, to use the made-up word of the inarticulate and ill educated Palin, refudiated?

They are consistently losing, and will continue to do so in advance of the state recall elections in 2011, and the local, state, and national elections in 2012.

A few of the recent editorial cartoons that appear to have the pulse of the nation, courtesy of the Yahoo.com editorial comics:






5 comments:

  1. Well, this is good news, but the timing stinks. We needed this last fall, before the November election.

    What am I talking about? We had it last fall, at least the issue of tax cuts for the rich. But Democrats were too inept to take advantage of it. (I'm still angry at Congressional Democrats, that they didn't even have the guts to take on the Republicans over something like that!)

    And it's a long way to 2012. How many voters will even remember this by then - or consider it old news if the Democrats bring it up? OK, I hate to be so pessimistic, but I've become really cynical the past two years.

    And things look far more bleak to me now than they did two years ago. Republicans are determined that Obama won't succeed in getting us out of the economic hole they dug us into, and if they have to destroy the full faith and credit of the United States, I think they might do it.

    November was a disaster for America. Are things turning around now? I can't be too optimistic. Republicans expect the Democrats to fold, because they always fold. That's a bad precedent when you're trying to negotiate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you in many respect WCG; the Democrats have demonstrated an astonishing and chronic ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WCG, this is off topic, and please feel free not to respond if you don't wish to do so (I don't wish to be intrusive).....but why the Frankenstein avatar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why the Frankenstein avatar? No reason, really. I saw it somewhere and liked it. Maybe I identify with it in some respect, but that's too much psychoanalysis for me. All I can say is that it appeals to me more than any other I've seen.

    I never used to use an avatar at all - I just didn't bother - but I needed something when I started my own blog. Why do you ask?

    Note that I just use my initials as a screen name when posting (and my real name on my blog). Maybe I'm just not clever enough to think of something, but none of that has ever interested me much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I asked because it was distinctive, and i was curious if it had any greater significance.

    ReplyDelete