Sunday, October 16, 2011

Herman Cain, You Are TOO IGNORANT to Be President

from Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell, MSNBC.com :


So........how simple, how transparent, how much EASIER is this 9 9 9 plan of Herman Cain? NOT AT ALL. It is superficial, and ill conceived, and the numbers don't add up - yet again, more Republican math failures, with dumb ideas masquerading under the bogus label of common sense solutions. 

Let me point out that O'Donnell has put in his time in and around Congress; he was a key aide and senior advisor to Senator Moynihan for six years, and the staff director for an additional two years was the staff director of the Senate Committee on Finance.  So, O'Donnell knows his subject, clearly better than either Herman Cain, or Cain's chosen advisers.

from the Wikipedia entry on O'Donnell:
From 1992 to 1993, he was staff director of the United States Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, then chaired by Senator Moynihan. And then from 1993 to 1995, he was staff director of the United States Senate Committee on Finance, once again under Senator Moynihan’s chairmanship. He thus led the staff of the Senate's tax-writing committee during the consideration of President Bill Clinton's first budget, which Congress enacted in the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993.
Herman Cain doesn't understand his own economic policy; he is far too easily stumped by simple, softball questions.

2 comments:

  1. YES.

    Ignore his 9-9-9 plan as it will never get through Congress ... consider his lack of knowledge of foreign policy ranging from Who are Neo-Cons to the Palestinian Right-to-Return issue ... see this commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you hear that Televangelist Pat Robertson said on the 700 Club that he thinks the Republican presidential field may be too extreme:

    Said Robertson: "I believe it was Lyndon Johnson that said, 'Don't these people realize if they push me over to an extreme position I'll lose the election?' Those people in the Republican primary have got to lay off of this stuff. They're forcing their leaders, the frontrunners, into positions that will mean they lose the general election...They've got to stop this! It's just so counterproductive!"

    What ? A Televangelist says that the frontrunner is being pushed into positions that will result in losing the election .... but what if that is God's plan ?

    Maybe Pat Robertson needs to learn a little bit about the current frontrunner ... Herman Cain :
    I'm a Baptist preacher. A lot of people don't know that. My parents joined Antioch Baptist Church North in Atlanta in the mid 40s when they moved to Atlanta when I was 2 years old. That was the church I grew up in. That was the church I joined at 10 years of age. I've been in the church all my life. When I moved around in my corporate career, I always stayed involved in the church.

    So my faith is a big part of who I am and at my church now, which is the same one I grew up in, I'm one of the Associate Ministers there because I was called to the ministry. Sometimes when people are called to the ministry they think that God wants them to give up something else. But God has done some magnificent things with my life, especially what he has done in terms of my health.

    ReplyDelete