Friday, November 4, 2011

Regrettably

I am making the decision to now more stringently enforce the ban on Ser8d from commenting here.  This is in response to extremely offensive comments on Penigma, my 'home' blog where he followed me from posting and commenting on another blog where I write.  

I believe his comments are not only offensive, but can be reasonably construed as sexual harassment.  It does not appear that I am the only person he has followed back to their own blogs to behave abusively or offensively. 

Therefore I will also be filing a complaint with the people at Google who operate the blog.spot / blogger platform to file a complaint for violating their terms of service, and with his IP.  If Ser8d does not abide by the ban, and continues, I will take the next step of following up with a police complaint.  It is my understanding that the authorities are quite efficient in working with their counterparts in the jurisdiction of the offending poster/commenter, and that they are quite capable of identifying that person, their location, and address.

I will not repeat the comment itself here, but our stat-counter service on Penigma shows the following information, redacted so as not to publish private personal information here, in compliance with the terms of service agreement.

This Ser8d appears to be you:

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
IP Address:
Fleet One (67.xxx.169.xxx) [Label IP Address]
Referring URL:
Entry Page:
Exit Page:
and this documents you made the comments:
4 Nov11:42:38
4 Nov11:42:45
4 Nov11:43:55
4 Nov11:45:04
4 Nov11:45:04

Harassing me, harassing any of our commenters, is unacceptable conduct.  


Don't come back.  

If I see you are visiting this blog, by way of the stat counter service or if I have any other reason to believe you are doing so, I will again contact both google/blogger/blogspot, and the police and put the matter in their hands and in the hands of your internet service provider.  It is regrettable that you cannot conduct yourself appropriately under the terms of service, and the posted blog rules, but clearly you lack the judgment and self control to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment